Wednesday, February 27, 2013

1 year anniversary. God be praised! Sept 2012

This is from my journal 5+ months ago.   September 2012    On the anniversary of my cancer diagnosis...
I know it is late and belated but I wanted to share it with you...



This past week we celebrated an anniversary at our house.
It was Thursday morning and I texted my local children...it read something like this;

This evening last year we all gathered at our dinner table to share news none of us wanted to hear.  A cancer diagnosis...
But God has graciously brought us thru this year of cancer battle, so please come celebrate tonight this year of God's goodness around a table of JOY, celebration, (and dinner).

We greatly missed our Virginia family but most of the others were around the table. It had such a different flavor this year as my good husband grilled steaks to rejoice in God's healing to my body.
Last year there were many questions, tears, and prayers for wisdom.

This year I took opportunity to verbally share some of the verses God used to minister to me on this journey, I wrote out the verses & placed them on the table, one for each of the adults to read so we could all reflect on how God uses His word to encourage us.

I'll share some of them with you.


Isaiah 41:9b,10,13
"...you are my servant; 
I have chosen you & have not rejected you. 
So do not fear; for I AM WITH you. 
Do not be dismayed for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you & help you. 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
For I am the Lord your God,
Who takes hold of your right hand & says to you;
Do not fear I will help you!"

God often used this to let me know He would help me get thru chemo or the aftermath. 



"He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."   Psalm 112:7 

 We need NEVER fear what God allows or brings into our lives when we Trust in Him. 



But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "  2 Corinthians 12:9 


Oh, His ABUNDANT grace. How I continue to learn to depend on it. 



Psalms 18:1-3
"I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress & my Deliverer. 
My God is my Rock in whom I take refuge. 
He is my shield & the horn of my salvation. 
I call to the Lord who is worthy of praise. "


Life is a journey; it's just the "passing through".  For on the other side of eternity is the "real deal".  But God promises to continue to carry us thru the journeys of this life in preperation for the glory and celebration on the other side...Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting
    Thank for being real
    Thanks for FIGHTING
    Thanks for ........ alot
    Thankful for You
    Thankful for a year later

    love you more than you know
    ----one of the sisters

    ReplyDelete