Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Eve of Final Treatment

It's the eve of my final chemotherapy treatment.   WooHoo!!
Tomorrow, last day of February, 2012 (good thing its leap year so I could be done before March). I will finish my 6 rounds of chemo in less than 4 months.

God has been SO faithful to have my blood work suitable for each treatment; even through the help of a "neulasta shot"  to boost my white blood cells for some of the treatments.

These last few months have been full of God's faithfulness in SO many ways.
I have SO much to be thankful for and even though, I have yet to endure the aftermath of round 6 and allow my body to de-tox all the "healing poison" of the last few months...I rejoice in God; my Saviour!

When I start this blog I used the name "He is my Strong Tower" and indeed God has been my Strong Tower; a shelter in the storm..
Psalm 61:3
For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.

He has so often encouraged my heart as we walked this journey foreign to us in so many ways.  Many times scriptures were  just "right" for the day or the discouragement... 
Other times, a card or knock at the door was the bright spot God used to remind me of His grace & goodness.
I held onto "His righteous right hand" for each step of the way...
Just last night I was sharing these verse with a good friend also fighting a battle with cancer...

Isaiah 41:9b-10; 13
‘You are my servant’;  I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

13 For I am the LORD your God  who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;  I will help you.


Yes, countless verses like this one God used to encourage my heart.  It's amazing the peace His Word brings in the midst of questioning and dispair.

Just last week, I was reading in a devotional about Trust & Thankfulness.  Those two things have been utmost in my journey.  Placinmg my trust in my Saviour and reviewing ALL the things I have to be thankful for.

Among my thanks...
-The rich blessing of prayer support... reminders of believers (some I don't even know) praying faithfully and the gift of those I love regularly praying for me/us.
-The phone calls & texts to check in and see how I'm doing...
-The flowers, cards, visits, food, and many other thoughtful gestures.
-Those who visited me at chemo even though I slept thru the visit with conversation & eyes opened.  Those medications make me SO tired!
-Those who transported me to and from chemo, and other medical appointments.
-Wonderful parents on both sides to assist in SO many ways.
-Amazing siblings to both Tim & I who pray & encourage.
-The side-kick sisters, who attend to so many needs and were with me thru thick & thin.
-The love and support of our children amid their own busy lives.
-Our grandchildren who call and make me cards to show their love.
-The faithful love and care of my beloved husband of 35 years in March.
-The grace & faithfulness of my Lord & Saviour.

-Everyone should be as blessed to have such amazing love & support from family & friends.

I thank the Lord for each of you and ask Him to shower you with His goodness and blessing for all you have done for us.

I expect the next month to be similar to the weeks following other treatments; but to actually finish this course is rather exciting!  It's starting to feel like a reality and you might just hear me do the "victory dance" of praise to the Lord from the Lancaster Health Campus when I'm done...
God be praised for great things He has done!

My wonderful Oncologist; Dr. Oyer tells me I'll come back for blood work & an exam in one month; then 4 weeks later more blood work as well as a CT scan.  Then I will be on a 3 month rotation of blood work and CT for several years.  If all is well, eventually the appointments will go to a 6 month rotation.

Cancer is a scary thing; one never knows when it might rear its ugly head again...But God is in control of my life and He has my days numbered for His glory. Therefore; I WILL TRUST in HIM and not fear! 
He has a plan in all of this...and its for His glory.


1 comment:

  1. Wow what an amazing post Jul! God is our very PRESENT help in times of trouble. Will continue praying as you heal. If you have time, look at my pics of Rayna Elizabeth (Kyle and Megan's new daughter, we were out in Ohio with them) The Lord has provided you with a great support system, what a blessing... love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete