Sunday, February 19, 2012

Family



I come from a large family of 6 children.  The generations live from PA to Ohio and Virginia. 
There are 4 generations of over 70 dear ones. 

It is a very Rare occasion that we ALL are able to gather together. 
But this January God blessed us with this opprotunity as we gathered for our Christmas celebration.  EVERYONE had planned to be in attendance; so my precious mother did lots of planning to have a family picture taken.  This was quite a task, but one that she did with ease; to find a location, professional photographer and common time for all.  You are truely amazing, mother, your energy at 78 blesses me; I can only hope that I have 1/2 of your stamina at your age...



The four generation of the  James M. Garber Family



Our family makes up 20 of the 70+ 




These are our 10 grandchildren ranging in age from 15 to 1 month. 
Our hearts and arms are delightfully BLESSED!!



Below are some fun pictures I snapped during our early morning photo session
My beautiful neice & nephew...siblings
My nephew's wife and their daughter, my great-neice
Cousins sometimes show up dressed in similar shirts!


These cousins, 2 of my beautiful granddaughters had matching dresses.
And these cousins, my grandsons looked great in their stripped sweaters!
These two cousins, live states apart, but love each other & are together whenever they are able!




Soon we all gathered in a large room at the location of choice 
where my beautiful niece graced us with her glorious piano music. 

After we sang a few Christmas carols together and read "The CHRISTMAS Story" from Luke 2,
My wonderful dad, & mother began the task of calling each name and presenting each with a small gift bag.
He asked each to wait to open the gift until all had recieved.

Inside the bag was a shirt for each family member. 



All 71 of the family dressed in the Garber Family Shirts.
 Check out the 72 taped onto the front of our DIL shirt as she carrys the next great grandchild.  73 is taped on the shirt of my neice who is due a few weeks after #73, (the number is not visable on this picture).






Yes, each person's shirt was colored according to the generation they belong...
Dad & Mother in white,
their children & spouses in red
Grandchildren & spouse in tan
Great grandchildren in black
Each one numbered as they entered the family!

These are our two daughters with 70 & 71 in their arms. 




My precious parents #1 and #2
flanked by the orginal siblings #3 thru #8

My dad always says, "it all started with a walk in the park..." with my mother.
It is fitting that the line would be part of the logo of the family shirts.
These shirts are a tribute to my dear parents, their love for each other and their Saviour!
As well as the fine way their raised their family and continue to bless the generations to follow.




From there we all gathered at the home of my sister & BIL for Christmas dinner. 
Each had a seat and felt the fine hospitality of these two and my gracious sister & BIL.



These two handsome young men, cut & served the PRIME RIB.
They are the sons of my sister & BIL in Ohio who own & operate Duma Meats...
There is always Duma Prime Rib; compliments of my parents at Christmas Dinner.




My family is such a gift from the Lord; as you can see I am richly blessed!

Thanks for taking the time to visit me here...





8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures on the blog - what a fun day it was - and a busy weekend! I know you had a rough day when we were all together - you always rise to the occasion and you look beautiful and put on the best for everyone around you - if I havn't said it in awhile - I am proud of you and love you dearly! - the side kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing, what a wonderful family!! Great pictures, such a treasure and so fun! THank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how Blessed you are!! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures! And thanks for being a BLESSING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the most special and beautiful posts that I have ever seen in all of blogland!!! How blessed you all are and what most astounding things can happen by one simple walk in the park. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was a fun, bright ray of sunshine in my morning. I LOVED the shirt idea - especially the color coding and numbering. How creative and fun. Pray for you so often as you walk down the homestretch of this treatment. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures make me smile, and very happy. And it's not even my family. What a clever idea! And what a special family. God has blessed many by those two in the middle!
    love, dale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is such an amazing example of love! What a great way to celebrate the gift of life with the reunion, tee shirts, and all the fun that obviously went with it! I am blessed to know you and your folks and family - love ya Jul!

    ReplyDelete