Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 2012 almost gone

My apologies to any who are wondering why I haven't posted recently. 
The last month has been full and somehow, I didn't find time to blog. 

All is well here in "hooberville".  In the last three weeks,
...I recovered from treatment #3,
...spent all my "good days" preparing for our whole family to gather for Christmas (last weekend),
...spent time celebrating Christ's birth with ALL of our children & grandchildren, 
...had treatment #4
...and now I'm on day 4 after treatment #4.

It's not often enough that the 20 of us can gather for a meal.  This indeed was a blessing.

There are 4 generations on this pic.  God has richly blessed us.

Our 10 precious grandchildren...such rich joy in our lives!

These are some of the blessings of the last few weeks....




Back to the battle at hand...

God is SO faithful to me and amid the downsides & many side effects, I remain encouraged and full of trust in the Lord.  Recently, a friend, send me "Psalm 91" by Peggy Joyce Ruth.  Thanks, friend, for thinking of me and passing on such encouragement.

This book has been a real encouragement to me; not just in this cancer journey but also as I pray for God's protection over our family and our precious grandchildren.

 Psalms 91 has ministered to me in MANY ways since my surgery, beginning with our friend and pastor who visited me in the hospital after my surgery reading...

Psalms 91:1-2,4
 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,  my God, in whom I trust.”
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.


You see, for us, as former poultry farmers, this verse of God covering us with His feathers and providing the refuge of His wings was very special.  Just think of it.  The picture of a mother hen, covering her chicks with those strong wings of protection...This is what God offers to us.  We only have to depend on Him.

This Psalm continues to minister to me as I depend on God as my refuge for each treatment.  The process is faster and easier now that I have a medi-port.  (My first two infusions were thru veins in my arms.) I am richly blessed by those who call, visit, text and PRAY.  I thank God for you and ask Him to bless you abundantly for your gift to me of prayer support. 

Philippians 1:3  "I thank my God every time I remember you."

These days find me with Advil and an anti-nausea med on a 4-hr regiment.  Headaches and bone aches are common from the neulasta (white cell builder shot which I get after each treatment).  Side effects seem to be building on each other with each progressive treatment.  But at least I am not "hanging over a bucket".  In a few days, I'll be on my "good week" for a few days (if it's like other cycles). and then on to a few tired days before treatment #5.  Oh JOY, only two to go...


Oh, the many things I am thankful for...

-the "side-kick" sisters as they both were here for this treatment.
-prayers of my parents as they enjoy the sunshine in Florida.
-the loving support of our children & grandchildren.
-Advil and other meds...
-worship music.
-the grey hat club...

Grey Hat Club...aqua flowers for the "fight against ovarian cancer"

-the camaraderie of other "cancer patients" whom encourage each other. And the new ones I've met.
-the voice of a grandchild, "I'm sad, grammy, because you don't feel good".  brings tears to my eyes...
-the blessing of having ALL our children & grandchildren here for our Christmas last weekend.
-the gathering of the ENTIRE Garber family last Sunday; all 71 of us.
-the loving support of my good husband.

Maybe we should get a "grey hat" for him???

-the beauty of the weekend snow.  A good reminder; "He washes us whiter than snow" Ps. 51:7
-the use of brow pencil & eye liner as the brows & lashes disappear slowly.
-two new grandsons this year; and a new grandbaby due in May.

Hudson (4 1/2 mo.) Lincoln (1 mo.)



-I could go on and on. 
Almighty God has blessed and taken care of me in countless ways.

Thanks for your visit here...








2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jul, I am encouraged at your amazing strength and trust in our LORD and Savior!! We are praying for you daily a love you lots!!
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been abundantly rewarded for my persistence in checking each day for an update! I wrote to Melissa the other day, begging for news. I am praying for you very often, dear Jul. May the Lord keep you looking to Him in this "home stretch" of your treatments.

    ReplyDelete