Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day after First Treatment...


These 2 were unable to come;
so their dear mother texted this to me...precious!

Yesterday, they hooked me up to all kind of stuff (medicines)and then came the chemo drugs.  I felt so loved & cared for by the kind family and friends who were able to stop by and visit.  Including our youngest grandchild, Husdon who visited from his stroller and loving arms of his mother.  They normally don't want children in the Infusion Room, but being only 2 months old; he stayed close to his mother and brought Grammy great delight from my perch on the reclining chair; perfect with side table for snacks and a window view.  Not to forget the wonderful nurses who brought me pillows & warm blankets as needed.

My beloved kindly took the morning off work to get me started and then off to his good job for a company that is wonderfully understanding to needs such as family medical needs.  At the end of the day, when my "side kick" (sister) took me to meet hubby, I had much to be thankful for!  God took such good care of me; it was a long day 8+ hours there & amid a reaction to the one chemo drug all else was smooth sailing.  As Tim & I talked about our days, I told him "I had a good day" and then I thought about how that sounded and wondered to myself...is it possible to have a GOOD chemo treatment day?!?!?   Yes, because of God's grace, indeed it is!   Yes, it's chemo and no, the reactions and the upcoming days might not be fun, but seriously I was well cared for, loved much and I feel fine...at this point.

Even got a neck roll from a dear one who makes and donates them to chemo patients...and a wonderful massage from my dear mother.


Today is day one; They tell me it gets worse from here for a few days, but I am thankful for EACH good gift from my Heavenly Father.  A bit nauseous today and very tired so off to nap I go.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
To you, my friends and family who care to read this blog and especially those who take time to pray for me; my most gracious thanks to each one.  It is such a blessing to have such wonderful support; I am a blessed woman.  God IS good to me!

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I'm always SO proud of you and yesterday brought me even more great pride as I watched you care for the other chemo patients. I could have ran out of the room in tears at how precious you are and kind, thoughtful, selfless...caring about them and their individual journeys. What a gift you were to their day! I pray that every nurse and patient that saw your beautiful face yesterday would be drawn to our Savior as a result of your testimony. Thanks for being an example of total dependance on your maker for ALL to see. You amaze me! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Jul, I will keep this blog as an open tab on my computer until the Lord brings you all the way THROUGH. I hardly need a reminder to pray for you, but I will cherish the privilege to pray specifically as you post needs, and to praise the Lord with you as you testify to His enabling grace and faithful mercy. Love from all the Brooks!

    ReplyDelete