Friday, November 11, 2011

God's kindness; He cares about all things...

It was Monday morning and I wanted an appointment to take my daughters with me to shop for a wig.  The dear lady who owns the shop is a breast cancer survivor.  She called me back to confirm the appointment for early evening on Monday, November 7. 
I hung up the phone and began to cry; another reality...this one of loosing my hair.  What will it be like to look in the mirror and see a bald head.  Really it hasn't bothered me alot; but this morning making the appointment with Stephanie confirmed a reality and the tears began to flow. 
I went to my desk and opened my Bible.  God always encourages my heart whenever I am discouraged...
wouldn't you know, I look down and there on the pages of Jeremiah 9:1
as tears rolled down my checks I read...

"Oh that my head were a spring of water;
and my eyes a fountain of tears!"

Once again, it was like God said; I hear your cry over the bald head and see your fountain of tears...

I then turned to Jeremiah 30:17
"...But I will restore you to health, and heal your wounds declares the Lord."

My heart was encouraged in this, God cares how we feel; even when it hurts and He promised to restore us to health.  That was just what I needed to rest in Him for this part of the journey.

Isn't God good to me; such a blessing to be His child...

No comments:

Post a Comment