Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hair...

Tonight, we had dessert with some friends; another couple who is facing cancer.  This dear woman, who I only met about 2 years ago has breast cancer and has received her first chemo treatment about 10 days ago.  She looked beautiful tonight AND she still has her hair.  She told me that each day, she and her husband thank the Lord for her hair.  Guess I had better start being thankful for it; while I have it.

Funny, how the smallest things; things  we so often take for granted; become so LARGE, so wonderful as hair on ones head.  Especially since for both she and I; we KNOW its inevitable that before the month end we will both likely be bald.  Wigs, or hair prothesis have become topics of discussion and yes, sometimes we laugh about it. 

Who knows how you will find me in the next month?  Maybe I'll have long brown hair or maybe it will still be blonde, maybe a hat; afterall, Winter is coming.   Guess, I had better start looking for a wig.   But seriously, none of us women wants to be bald, but I know that my Maker has the very hairs of my head numbered.  He knows me full well.
Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
He cares about the things that are important to us, So much so that He even numbered the hairs on my head.  Wow, what peace to Know He loves me that much!

I will continue to trust in Him...

1 comment:

  1. You will be beautiful no matter what. Inside AND out! love you!

    ReplyDelete