Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2nd Treatment December 7, 2011

God in His grace to me; healed my body of the dreadful cough & chest cold I was suffering with after my first treatment just before the second.  Tuesday I began to feel good as new and Wednesday was my treatment.
True to the first, Wed, 12-7 was another rainy day...if I have my guess it will rain again on Dec. 28 when I have my next treatment or maybe it will SNOW! 

There were many blessings in this day, but one was to spend some time with my dear friend, Linda who is also undergoing chemo.  Linda heads weekly to the Infusion Room at the Health Campus for her chemo.  I mentioned her before in my blog as she has been such an encouragement to me in this journey.  Her attitude and heart for the Lord is evident to all who know her.  She is such a blessing to me!  Today, was special in that we got to have our treatments at the same time;  we reserved chairs; side by side and there we "hooked up" for some chemo drugs and conversation.  Some of my pre-meds make me sleepy so I missed some of my time with her, but her radiance flowed over to my chair even while I slept.  There we sat with our wigs on looking quite snazzy for a treatment day.  Mine was shed for another "headdress" as the day pressed on to 8 hours once again.  I regret that we didn't get a picture taken of us that day.

I had some vein trouble this time,  so I will have a "port" put in for my next treatment.  Many chemo patients had a port for easy access for blood draws and chemo infusion.  I'll have this day surgery on Dec. 22.  It's not a big deal, just out-patient and back home to rest for  a few hours then on to enjoy Christ's Birthday with our families.

I had some wonderful visitors, spent some time sleeping, listening to  Bible reading audibly and enjoyed meeting some new folks.
 You can see I am well taken care of my these and other dear ones...hot neck roll, homemade chicken pot pie and lots of love...
Psalms 46:1 
"God is my refuge and strength; a present help in time of trouble."


This day was also a chemo treatment day for my friend, Mim.  The evening after is usually a decent one for both of us; so Tim & I gathered at Ray & Mim's home with some of their family & friends. 

There we were laughing, hugging in our new "do".  Both have lost our hair and have chosen the hair styles to suit us for the next 6+ months.




 It was great therapy for both to be together again.  We tried on each others wigs and learned some new wraps for "hats".  I am blessed by her friendship and pray for her battle daily.  God has a plan for both of our lives.  We will continue to trust in Him as we fight this cancer with chemo.

1 comment: