Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another survivor!

A few days after having my head shaved I had a visit from my faraway cousin, Jewel.  She & her good husband live in Vancouver, BC, Canada.  Two years ago, Jewel, was diagnosed with "Ovarian Cancer".  She also had a hysterectomy; as well as chemo & radiation.  (Radiation is common treatment in Canada). 

Today, Jewel has a beautiful head of dark hair, excellent blood results (CA125) and is a Survivor!  To God be the glory, He has work for her here on earth!  Her strength has returned and she looks beautifully radiant.  She visited me this afternoon to bring encouragement and blessing!  What a joy it was to spend time with her.  She gave lots of suggestions as well as an "Encouragement NIV Bible".  She has taught me much thru the years, although I rarely have the blessing of her presence due to the miles that separate us.  But, this visit was especially meaningful as we now share the comradery of this dreadful disease.


Jewel as well, lost her hair, she learned alot during that time and showed me some fun ways to "cover my bald head".  Her visit was very timely and such a rich blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment