Thursday, December 1, 2011

Early Christmas Preperations...Cookie Day

They told me I would have some good days before each treatment; each round and I am so thankful I am.
No, I don't have all my normal energy, but I'm thankful for what I have.  I have spent the last few days
"working ahead" as my dear mother would call it.  Christmas is just days away and my next chemo treatment is December 7.  I'll be "down" for about a week following that.  Our new grandbaby is due in VA on the 15th.  I continue to ask God for strength to help Laura and family after she delivers. and yes, that takes us almost to Christmas day...so this mother/grammy has got to get some things done.

Yesterday was "cookie day" as we call it in Hooberville.  my local daughters & grandchildren gathered in the morning for a day of fun, play and much baking.  Two ovens produced heat most of the day while we rolled, dipped and decorated.  This is an annual event for us that we all anticpate with joy.  This year we baked some of the 14 varieties ahead to savor some "grammy energy".  Beauty abounds as flavors create an amazing aroma in the house.  Children play, babies sleep (a little), and conversations abound.




 Abby & Elizabeth...hiding...


Yum!

Trays of goodness made for neighbors, friends, gatherings & shut-ins.  Another way to share Christ's love this Christmas!  My heart is full after these hours spent with some I love the most.   The joy of watching these two 5 year olds, and one 4 year old "help" is a treat for me.  Tim agrees that "I did too much" today, but he also agrees with me that "it was worth it".  Off to nap I go, to regain some strength for the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment