Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 14, 2011...a new grandson

Another gift to add to my list of thanks...
Our 10th grandchild was born this day,  December 14, 2011...a son; "Lincoln Christopher" born to Chris & Laura, in Virginia.  What delight to hear of his birth & recieve pictures via email. 


Just minutes after his birth...

Lincoln meets the rest of the family.
                                     
But what even more of a blessing was the gift God gave to me to travel with Tim before Lincoln was 2 days old.  With fatique, etc. from chemo I has asked the Lord many times to be able to travel and help Laura a bit after baby's birth.  Well, God be praised, He gave me energy & strength for the journey as well as the task at hand.

What joy to meet Lincoln and spend time with the rest of the family.  The priviledge of being able to help, cook & clean when Laura was recouperating from baby Lincoln's birth; as well as play games with the older grandchildren, make candy houses, snuggle and read to big brother, Kohler who is now 18 months old.

Add caption

We are thankful for...
-Lincoln's safe and healthy arrival,
-for the joy of watching this family adjust and love on their new baby brother,
-the priviledge of gathering together to worship at their wonderful church this Christmas season,
-the blessing of having my parents travel to see their new great-grandson a few days later so I could extend    my stay and my help to Laura. 
-the fun of traveling home with them a few days after Tim headed back to work.



Great Grandma Garber meets Lincoln

Oh the sweetness of a newborn grandchild...


2 comments:

  1. Jul, as I'm recovering from bronchitis that has postponed our family's Christmas gathering this evening my thoughts turned to you. Someone suggested I read your blog. I've just spent the last hour or more reading every entry of your journey. What a tremendous encouragement you are!!!You have a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness during some of the darkest hours a family encounters. I'm so proud of you and I'm so very blessed to know you. It's been 11 yrs since our son-in-law was diagnosed w/hodgkins lymphoma. We were and remain so thankful for God's sustaining love and strength through those difficult times of his chemo and radiation treatments just like you and your precious family are doing as well. May your Christmas be abundantly blessed with all God's goodness. Verna

    ReplyDelete
  2. As i check in this morning to see if you have anything new, i anticipate being with you today. As we joke that i am only as good as you are that is hugely true. I passionately care and carry a piece of your journey close to my heart. Many times from the sidelines in prayer because you have so many who love you and primarily because you make it so easy to do that. To allow us to see Jesus and how He is carrying you in His word and presence draws me to Him as well. I look forward to being with you later for an easier chemo round, we trust, i love you my dear "sister".

    ReplyDelete