Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Half way mark...3rd treatment

Today, Wednesday Dec 28, marks the halfway mark for my chemo treatments. 
This morning as I awoke two songs played on the christian radio station that blessed my soul, one that helped name this blog; it was fitting that the Lord blessed me in such a way this cold December morning!

"Your name is a strong and mighty tower,
Your name is a shelter like no other...
Your name; let the nations sing it louder...
Nothing has the power to save...
Like YOUR Name." 

I was reminded of the Name of my Saviour, that alone has power to strengthen, save..."that at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess, that He is Lord."
This Christmas we were reminded...

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.  32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:  Luke 1:31, 32

I will rest in the power of His Name today...

The other song reminded me again to trust in Him.

"I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain,
But I will trust YOU, no matter what!"

I'm not good a remembering artists and the names of their songs, to give them due credit, so this morning, I pray God's blessing on both of these whom God used their words to encourge this heart headed into chemo.

My prayer for today is that I would be a testimony to someone there at LGH in the Infusion Room. (next time I'll be back at Health Campus).  That someone would see Jesus, thru this Cancer Journey we are on.

Thanks for stopping by to visit and for those who have left comments in recent weeks, they SO bless & encourage me.  Thanks for your faithful prayers, love & support.  I am blessed and encouraged by each of you.  Happy New Year and many blessings to you & yours from our Strong Tower, Jesus, Himself...

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Today, I'll find safety in the name of the Lord!!! 

4 comments:

  1. so proud of you - I know as I watch you - this is so hard! We are half way there! Prayed for you often through the night that you would sleep well and that your body wouldn't have any "new" reactions this time.
    I love you dear sister - the side kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jul, I am praying the peace of God to rest on your soul, spirit, body and mind. That you will see pleasure and humour in the simple things in life as you spend time resting. That the chemo will do what it is meant to do. That you will be in wonder and praise to God as your body is reknit back together. Love ya so much dear cousin Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jul;
    Every year is a new season,(sometimes ones we really don't want), but be prayerful of what God has for you this coming year and be willing to walk by faith in obedience as you follow His leading. Remember that His plans are always for good and not for evil to give you a future and a Hope. (Jeremiah 29: 11-13) Saw this devotional and thought of you...

    Thanks for your continued encouragement through your posts. Praying for peace and strenghth for you these next few months as you finish your treatments... :) Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. The power of Jesus' name! WOW!!! His name alone
    is a comfort and strong tower....
    As 2011 comes to an end, there were no surprises or mistakes in God's plan. As I reflect over these days and how you have challenged me in your reliance on God's word, I thank God for your life, testimony and Godly example of faith, grace and trust. I love you and Tim and treasure our friendship and will pray for you as we watch what God will do through you in 2012.
    Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete