Monday, October 17, 2011

First visit to the oncologist...September 26, 2011

It was just 10 days post-op and I weakly pulled my body out of bed and into the shower to get ready for  my first appointment with an Oncologist.  Never dreamed I would need one of those, but God doesn't ask us about such things; He just does what pleases Him (Ps. 115:3)  and I can trust in that!!!

Tim came home from work to take me to this appt.  Drew attended so graciously to be the "extra pair of ears"  The Doc was unsure about the pathology report, so he called my OB and discussed more of the surgery with her while we were there.  He was in my surgery and checked me for cancer but said it didn't look like cancer, so he expected a good path report. 

After lots of questions, the Oncologist said he would take my pathology and the slides to "Tumor Board" the following week and get an opinion from this group of about 40 oncologists & pathologists.
My Pathology report said it was a grade 1 Stage 2 Ovarian Cancer.  But he had some questions.

We would wait another 9 days for more definate answers regarding treatment, etc.  I was content to take one day at a time.  God gave me verses like...

Psalms 112:7
He will have NO fear of bad news...for his heart is steadfast; trusting in the Lord!

Psalms 34:7
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him...

Oh what peace these brought to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment