Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ovarian Cancer; Are you sure, I heard you correctly???

Tuesday afternoon, my sister & daughter were here visiting & caring for me when I recieved a call from my OB/surgeon.  I thought she was just calling to check up on my recovery.  Never once did I think about the pathology yet, it wasn't wednesday.

Much to my surprise, Dr. May informed me that pathology showed ovarian cancer; inside the ovary and ourside against the pelvic wall.  Thru the tears, I asked God for strength to wrap my mind around such news.  About 2 hours later Tim came home from work and I had to break this sad news to him, but God be praised, we were in the privacy of our own home and had time to deal with feelings and questions together.  Our children all came to share the evening meal that night, so we could all hear together the doctors report and process this change of course in our  lives together.  Prior to their coming, we called our Virginia daughter, husband & family to share with them & cry together.

These were difficult conversations, but it didn't take long for me to realize that God had a plan in all of this, for HIS glory and I was gonna fight this one in His Name.  We cried together, prayed together and joined together for whatever God has planned for me.  I felt such love & support from each of them.  Everyone should be as loved as I am.  I held our newest grandson and asked the children to text a picture to Laura in VA of us; saying I'm gonna fight this and watch Hudson and the one due in December grow up!!!

The next day, my surgeon called again, this time with the written pathology report to confirm a stage 2 ovarian cancer and an appointment for me with a gynocologic oncologist for the following Monday, Sept 26.  All this was moving so fast.  I know my strength will have to come from God and His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment