Monday, October 17, 2011

Second Opinion October 13, 2011

Thursday, Oct 13, I met with another Gynocologic Oncologist in Lancaster for a second opinion.  She was very forth right and specific to tell us that this cancer is NOT one to watch. 
Her recommendation is 6 rounds of chemo and an additional surgery to further bioposy the pelvic area.
She stated that my kind of cancer goes to other places and we can't be sure that there are not some cancer cells still there since the cancer was found in the ovary and the cyst and against the pelvic wall.

We are grateful for her direction.  We are looking for some medical guidance to direct our path as we seek the Lord for His wisdom to make decisions regarding treatment.

She was happy to know that I have a third opinion scheduled with a medical oncologist the following week.
She offered support for my nausea as well as scheduling a diagnositic CT scan of my abdomen on Monday Oct 17, 2011

We feel like we are getting some answers to help us make decisions.  God be praised. 

During these weeks of recovery our children & grandchildren visit often as I miss them all.
Above are the two local granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment