Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Word is my Strong Tower....week one

What to do with this news and the change in my life...
What will it all look like; what will the oncologist say? 
What is cancer anyway?
We/I don't know medical stuff, no one in our families has dealt with cancer in the last 25 years (with the exception of mild prostate cancer surgery).

Indeed the Word promises and it is...
Proverbs 18:10
"The Word of the Lord is a strong tower...the righteous run to it and are safe."

When I felt uncertain about it all, I opened my big NIV Bible and found such encouragement  in the Psalms...
verses like 18:1-3
I love you, O Lord, My Strength;
The Lord is my Rock, My Fortress & My Deliverer.
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield & the horn of my salvation.
I call to the Lord who is worthy of praise...

My Deliverer, My Fortress....what strength in such promises.

Why would I fear such a diagnosis as ovarian cancer?
God is in control of my life, He holds it in His hands, I WILL trust in Him!!!

With promises like this, God took the fear away and I began to trust Him for one day at a time...just one day at a time...
afterall, He promised that His grace was sufficient
2 Corinthans 12:8
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"
I will learn to trust in His sufficient grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment