Sunday, October 30, 2011

Visit to U of Penn October 25, 2011

What a beautiful Autumn day God gave us to travel to Philadelphia.  The trees along the turnpike were painted with radiant color; another of my "thousand gifts". 
If you haven't heard of the book; "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp you might want to secure a copy for yourself as well as a journal for your "thousand gifts".  We all have SO much to be thankful for; don't we!!!  Its a book I first learned about from our daughter Laura, whose church recommended the women read it.  I am enjoying it emensely.

Tim & I had a good visit with Dr. Rubin.  U of Penn is a large hospital and we were disappointed to learn that my pathology and slides had arrived there but their pathology department has NOT yet read my slides.  This might take another week.

However, Dr. Rubin recommended 6 rounds of chemo for my stage 2 cancer basing his decision on the written pathology report.  It doesn't seem like he will change his mind, however we will talk with him again after Penn Pathology reads my info sometime next week.

We were disappoint to say the least to not have a firm answer as to the direction the Lord wants us to take.  It has been quite the roller coaster of opinions, some doctors says yes, you must have chemo others saying chemo is not needed. 
Obviously, with a disease like ovarian cancer, it is not a decision we want to make quickly.  We must KNOW the direction of the Lord specifically for this answer. 


SO many good things, my CT scan and mamogram are clear! and an early find of this cancer.  God has been SO good to me!

Pray if you would for discernment to KNOW His will and if there are additional steps we need to take for answers.  We are content to wait (yet another week) for the report from Penn.

After much time in the Word and prayer last night, Psalms 62:5-8 really ministered to my heart and I was able to once again give the time in this "waiting room" of a roller coaster to my heavenly Father.

Psalms 62;5-8"Find rest O my soul, in God alone,
My hope comes from Him.
He alone is my Rock & my salvation!!
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God
     (it was that part right there; its not my game; its God's and He can take as long as He plans to let us know the next step)
He is my mighty Rock, my fortress.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your hearts to Him for God is our Refuge..."
 

Again, its not my game, I'm just the vessel God chose so on we go trusting Him for each day; as His grace is Sufficient, His power is made perfect in weakness...

No comments:

Post a Comment