Monday, October 17, 2011

Trip to VA...baptism of our grandchildren

Yes, I know it's hard to believe, we could hardly believe it either, but my oncologist gave me permission to travel to VA just 2 weeks post-op to be there for our three grandchildren's baptism that first Sunday in October.  Pictured above the 4 Virginia grandchildren.

So, I mustered all the strength from the Lord and off we went to VA, Tim made me a bed in the back seat and I traveled well those 5 + hours.  God in His mercy gave me strength to leave their house that sunday morning for the church/baptism service for our 12, 13, & 14 year old grandchildren who have given their hearts to the Lord and wanted to display their desire to serve Him.  It was a very special service that I sure didn't want to miss. 

Much to our surprise, both sets of grandparents on my side and Tim's traveled sunday just for the day to share this special time with us and our precious grandchildren.
What an honor to have them there for this special celebration!


Our Virginia Family; with Nana & Cousin A

No comments:

Post a Comment